MA-Waiver Programs

Next Steps

Learn more about MA-EPD

Minnesota Department of Human Services

To learn more about MA-EPD:

Apply for a MA-Waiver Program

To apply for a MA-Waiver program, you need to:

Remember that you must be on disability-based Medical Assistance (MA) or Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD) to qualify for a MA-Waiver program.

If you’re not on MA due to your disability or on MA-EPD, you will need to apply for one of those two programs, as well as the MA-Waiver program you're interested in, at your county or tribal human services office. To do so, you will need to complete a MHCP Long-Term Care and Waiver Services Application and any other paperwork that is required, and schedule a MnCHOICES assessment.

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law CenterThe Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 1-612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 1-612-332-4668 (TTY).

Find Local Services

Learn more