Minnesotans with disabilities want to work. However, many people with disabilities fear that if they go to work, they'll lose needed health care and other disability benefits. With DB101 people can explore different ways to balance benefits and work.
DB101 helps people with disabilities learn how income may impact benefits so they can make informed choices, reduce fears, and ensure work is part of the plan.
- Information: Learn about benefits programs and rules around work. Get answers to frequently asked questions. Find out how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Estimators: Get results tailored just for you that helps you plan and set goals for work. Get tips for success for your individual situation.
- Experts: Find answers to your questions. Connect to community resources. Get help understanding your next steps. DB101’s Talk to an Expert connects you to a real person who can help with your situation.
Flexible Training Options
DB101 Information Services produce workshops, webcasts, half-day, full-day, evening and computer lab training events co-designed with our state partners and the target audiences we work with. Contact Bryon MacDonald for more information at phone 510-225-6304, TTY 510-225-0478, or email.
Since 2002 the DB101 Team has been working together to design, produce, maintain, test, and refine web based benefits planning information and estimator tools.
The DB101 Team is:
- The World Institute on Disability: Disability experts
- Eightfold Way Consultants: Web technologists and content writers
- ECONorthwest: Estimator engineers
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) and Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), through their Pathways to Employment (PTE) partnership, contracted with the World Institute Disability (WID) to adapt the California Disability Benefits 101 website to meet the needs of Minnesotans.
DB101 MN is part of the Disability Linkage Line® system. The Disability Linkage Line® provides DB101’s Talk to an Expert services and provides access to DB101 for people without computers.
Talk to an Expert
When you have questions or need help, use Talk to an Expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.
Talk with a DB101 Expert to:
- Understand your current benefits
- Get help using DB101.org
- Connect to resources
- Plan next steps
Contact DB101 Experts Monday–Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.