Job Supports and Accommodations

Next Steps

Learn More About Job Supports and Accommodations

The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) has information for jobseekers, employees, and employers, including a list of common accommodations and an accommodation database.

Boston University’s Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation has a website on reasonable accommodations and disability disclosure for people with psychiatric disabilities.

The Illinois Legal Aid Society's Disabilities recognized under the ADA has descriptions of common disabilities and how they relate to employment.

Virginia Commonwealth University has a tool that can help you decide whether it makes sense for you to disclose your disability to your employer and figure out how to do so.

Learn More About Assistive Technology

You can try out different Assistive Technology (AT) equipment through the Minnesota STAR (a System of Technology to Achieve Results) statewide program or at a Minnesota CareerForce location.

There are some good ways to learn more about assistive technology and to try it out. is a statewide program that demonstrates and loans out AT equipment, as well as helping people with disabilities to sell or exchange AT devices. To learn more, contact STAR or one of the regional STAR partners.

Assistive Technology Minnesota (ATMn) helps Minnesotans with disabilities learn about, find, and acquire assistive technology.

The Disability Business and Technical Assistance Center (DBTAC) has information on assistive technology in the workplace.

Infinite Potential Through Assistive Technology (Infinitec) has informational articles on how to get and use Assistive Technology devices. They have detailed information on specific types of devices to use at home, work, and everything between.

Find a Job

Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) can help you apply, prepare for, and find a job.

Minnesota CareerForce locations can help you find a job and plan for your career. Find a Minnesota CareerForce location near you, or call 1-651-259-7501. is an online service offered by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). It’s an excellent place to look for job openings and to post your resume.

The U.S. Department of Labor has a website called My Skills, My Future that helps job seekers match their skills with new careers and find out what training is needed to move from one job to another.

The Minnesota Employment Center for Persons Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (MEC) offers consultation and referrals for supported employment services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.

People with visual impairments can get vocational rehabilitation services from Minnesota State Services for the Blind (SSB). For more information, call call 1-651-539-2300 or 1-800-652-9000 and ask to speak with someone in the Workforce Development Unit. Find an SSB office near you.

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law CenterThe Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 1-612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 1-612-332-4668 (TTY).

Find Local Services

Learn more