The General Assistance (GA) program helps people without children pay for basic needs like rent and clothing. You can apply at your local county human services agency.

GA is for:

  • Individuals without children
  • Married couples without children

People who have children can get help from the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP).

Get a quick introduction to GA in this short video: