Reporting Changes to MA

If your child gets Medical Assistance (MA) benefits, any changes in his or her earned income, unearned income, or living arrangements must be reported to the local county human services agency. If your child is 21 years old or older, changes in assets must also be reported. If your child lives with you or is under 18, you and your child’s other parent must also report any changes in income.

Changes must be reported within 10 days of the change. The easiest way to report changes is by using the Minnesota Health Care Programs Change Report Form and submitting it to the county office.

Note: If there are no changes, your child will still need to report income once every six months.

Reporting changes for other programs

For SNAP (formerly Food Support/Food Stamps) and MFIP, you and your child should also report any changes to the local county human services agency.