Managing Your Benefits While Working

Next Steps

Learn More

Ticket to Work: If you are eligible for the Ticket to Work program, you should have gotten a “ticket” in the mail. If you think you’re eligible but never got a ticket, or if you lost your ticket, call the Ticket Call Center at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).

You can use your ticket to access employment support services at an Employment Network (EN) or from Vocational Rehabilitation Services. Both agencies can help you apply for, prepare for, and find a job. To find an EN in your area, use the Employment Network Directory.

Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS): To apply for PASS, you will need to fill out a PASS application. The application is extensive; we recommend that you follow up with a PASS Cadre for assistance.

Individual Development Accounts (IDA): For Minnesota residents, the best place to look for an IDA program is the Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM) program.

ABLE Accounts: Compare details about the available ABLE programs at the National ABLE Resource Center.

Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC): Publication 596 is a comprehensive guide to the EITC, providing information on program rules, eligibility, qualifying children and other related topics. You can use the IRS EITC Assistant to help figure out whether or not you qualify for an EITC.

Student Earned Income Exclusion (SEIE): For general information on the SEIE, start at Social Security's website.

For general information on Minnesota health care and disability benefits programs, visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) website.

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law CenterThe Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 612-332-4668 (TTY).

Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.; Friday, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.

Learn more