Learn More

Minnesota Department of Human Services

To learn more about MSA:

  • Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) website for general information on cash benefit programs, including MSA
  • See the Minnesota Combined Manual for detailed information on benefit program rules.
  • If you can't find what you're looking for or have questions, Chat with a Hub expert.

Apply for MSA

You can apply for MSA online at ApplyMN, or file a paper application. You can also apply for SNAP (Food Stamps/Food Support) at the same time.

For Medical Assistance (MA), you should apply at your county human services agency if you:

If you are not in one of those situations, there are three ways to apply for health coverage:

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using DB101.org
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law Center
The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 612-332-4668 (TTY).

Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.

Find Local Services