Next Steps

Learn more about Medicare

Apply for Help Paying for Medicare

You can apply for a Medicare Savings Program (MSP) by filling out the Minnesota Health Care Programs Application for Certain Populations and taking it or mailing it to your local county or tribal human services office.

You can apply for the Low Income Subsidy (also called Extra Help) online or at your local Social Security office.

If you have Medical Assistance (MA) or Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD) coverage, you may automatically qualify for an MSP or the LIS. MA or MA-EPD may also directly help with Medicare expenses. Learn more about MA and more about MA-EPD.

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law CenterThe Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 1-612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 1-612-332-4668 (TTY).

Find Local Services

Learn more