Next Steps

Learn More

Minnesota Department of Human Services

To learn more about housing:

Apply for Housing Assistance

To apply for Section 8 housing programs or Public Housing, contact local public housing authorities or Housing Redevelopment Authorities (HRAs). Or, if you live in the Twin Cities Metro Area, you can check HousingLink's map.

To apply for Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), go to MNbenefits or file a paper application.

To find out if you are eligible for the Housing Support (formerly Group Residential Housing) program, contact your county or tribal human services office. Before you can begin getting Housing Support funds, the county human service agency must approve your placement in a Housing Support setting.

To get HOPWA rental assistance you should ask your HIV case manager for a referral. Learn more about HOPWA.

Learn About Work and Benefits - Chat with a Hub expert!

When you have questions or need help, use Chat with a Hub expert. This feature connects you to a DB101 Expert using live chat, phone, or secure email. Anything you talk about is private.

Chat with a Hub expert to:

  • Understand your current benefits
  • Get help using DB101.org
  • Connect to resources
  • Plan next steps

Free Legal Help

Minnesota Disability Law CenterThe Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) provides free assistance to people with civil legal issues related to their disability. Call the MDLC Intake Line at 1-612-334-5970 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), or 1-612-332-4668 (TTY).

Learn more