Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)


You can apply for SNAP online using MNbenefits or by filing a paper application at your local county or tribal human services office. They will contact you to set up an interview. The interview can be at the county agency or you can ask for an interview over the phone.

For more information, call one of Minnesota's SNAP hotlines:

  • Twin Cities: 1-651-431-4050
  • Outside Twin Cities: 1-800-657-3698
  • Minnesota Relay (TTY): 1-800-627-3529


In order to avoid problems with your benefits, it’s important to tell your county worker when your income, assets, or living situation changes. You will get instructions from your county worker on how to report changes. If you aren't sure about reporting changes, contact your county or tribal human services office.


If your application is denied, and you don’t agree with a decision that the county made, you can file an appeal. You can find information on appeals on Department of Human Services (DHS) materials at your local county or tribal human services office or on the notice that is mailed to you.

For more information on appeals, contact your county worker or:

Minnesota Department of Human Services
Appeals Office
PO Box 64941 St. Paul, MN 55164-0941
Twin Cities: 1-651-431-3600 (Voice)
Outside Twin Cities: 1-800-657-3510
TTY: 1-800-627-3529
Fax: 1-651-431-7523

Learn more