Child Care Assistance

Frequent Pitfalls

Not asking about child care assistance programs when you apply for other programs

If you apply for SNAP or cash assistance programs like General Assistance (GA), MFIP, or Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), be sure to ask your county or tribal human services office about how to apply for child care assistance.


It can be difficult to find accurate and complete information about public benefits programs. Some social workers and advocates may have limited knowledge of available options. They may also be unaware of how changes in income or employment can affect eligibility for such programs.

To be sure the information you receive is accurate and complete, Chat with a Hub expert or contact your county or tribal human services office.

Learn more